Monday, March 1, 2010

Sara's Countdown to... Sochi? (The Recap)

So here are the last of the 2010 Olympics stats:
-The U.S. won 37 medals, a record for any country at a single Winter Olympic Games, and the first time ever that the U.S. has topped the medal count. (The U.S. tied for third in the gold medal count with 9.)
-Canada won the most gold medals of the Games, with 14 - also a record, for most gold medals ever at a Winter Olympics.

And now, on to my stats:
-114 posts
-94 + 17 days of blogging
-1764 unique visitors (not including today)
-7603 page views (not including today)
-Visitors from 46 different countries and 47 states
-Most viewed posts:
Gold: 50 Days with 196 viewers
Silver: 66 Days with 115 viewers
Bronze: Day 8 with 89 viewers
-Most commented post:
Gold: Day 14 with 15 comments
Silver: 50 Days with 11 comments
Bronze: 66 Days and 67 Days with 8 comments
-244 Google searches lead visitors to my blog, my favorite: "i saspect that plushenko was ingured,that why he lost mens figure scating. is there any different opinions?" If you're reading, no, I do not suspect injury to be the reason Plushenko lost the gold.

I'd like to thank all my readers, my poem contributors and all of those who sent me links to articles you thought I might find interesting or useful for the blog. And of course, the person who pushed me to make the countdown more than just a boring gchat status, Miriam L. You're right, you are like the skating mom who doesn't let her kids off the ice until they've perfected their triple axel. I aspire to be like you. Special shout out to my commenters:
Gold: Zehava with 14 comments
Silver: Ocho G and MNB tied with 12 comments
Pewter: RebeccaLunch with 10 comments
(Zev came in 5th and BobBeeBoop and Avi Z tied for 6th)

I think that if even just a few of you watched (and enjoyed) a little bit more of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics than you might have otherwise, then I've done my job.

And in case anyone was wondering, only 1438 days until the Sochi Olympics...

13 comments:

  1. Woot!!!!!!!!! Woot!!!!!!!!! I am a gold medalist!!!! Now I can die in peace. TY, Sara's Countdown to Vancouver for helping me enjoy the Olympics on a deeper level. I will always remember this. :) Your most devoted commenter and fan - ZK

    ReplyDelete
  2. props! impressive commitment to blogging and the Olympics. As I see it, you have the following Blogging options at this point.
    1) return to your original Blog, What Sara is wearing Today. http://whatsaraiswearingtoday.blogspot.com/
    2) Begin the Sochi countdown
    3) if #2 is too daunting, then when does that countdown begin?

    -EB

    ReplyDelete
  3. pewter??
    good bye blog. how i will miss you

    ReplyDelete
  4. sniff sniff..I cant believe I'm not included in this post! boo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...'specially as part of the reason you love the Olympics is because of the human interest stories. ..The inspirations that led athletes to become who they are today. The people that told them they could do it even when they wanted to give up....blah blah blah..
    OK OK, I'll stop:) :).

    Gold Medal is awarded to Sara Saidlower for following a dare alll the way through and beyond! Congrats!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. props to sara for persevering for almost 120 days of blogging across 3 continents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara, are you gonna be ok? I know this will be a big change. We will all miss your blog and we are here for you in this time of loss. Remember, there was life before the Olympics...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sara,

    Since this is my first and only comment, can I be the Latvia in terms the blog comments? Kudos to you on your commitment to this project. Now on to bigger and better things...stalking the next generation of great figure skaters!

    Benjy G

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Sara! Incredible accomplishment. Now we start Countdown Until Sara's Next Blog (14 days and counting).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mega congrats to Sara on this accomplishment. But wait - you left out a major wrap-up. On countdown day 3 you gave us Professor Dan Johnson's predictions of the total medals by country:
    Canada - 27 medals - 5 gold medals
    U.S. - 26 medals - 5 gold medals
    Norway - 26 medals - 4 gold medals
    Russia - most gold medals, with 8.

    Prof. Johnson, don't quit your day job...

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi ZK!!! you won the gold and you totally deserved it. i will accept my silver medal happily and proudly.
    sara, we've been saying it all along but awesome job on the blog. i learned soooooo much and luckily it gave me things to talk about during the day. my favorite stat was about the 4 people who have won both winter and summer olympic medals.
    ---MNB

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on reaching the end on your reaching the end of the olympics and thus the conclusion of this blog! Can we have more contests in your new blog?Trivia or best poem or something. You did a phenomonal job! What will she come up with next? Take a break.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bravo!!!!!

    Sara, please don't leave us . . . How will we fill all of our empty time???!!!???

    ReplyDelete