Monday, December 7, 2009

67 Days

The U.S. snowboarding team unveiled their Olympic team uniforms. Not something I would ever wear on the slopes, but then again, I'm a skier. What do you snowboarders think?
http://snowboarding.transworld.net/files/2009/12/mensolympicuniform.jpg


Even though GM company declared bankruptcy back in June, they have still committed $67 million to the 2010 Olympic Winter Games, and while most of that is in the form of in-kind contributions such as cars, it also includes $14 million in cash.

Canadian Jeremy Wotherspoon is the 500m world record holder, an Olympic silver medallist and his 67 World Cup wins are an all-time record for male speed skaters. The 2010 Olympics in his home country will be his fourth.

8 comments:

  1. Yep, looks like a uniform who's sponsor went bankrupt. We're sure this is really it huh? I snowboard and I get that snowboarding tries to fit a little more edgy dynamic, but I personally think this is tacky. It's the Olympics. We'll be standing in front of the entire world and this is how our team is going to be repressented? Worn out jeans and gaudy patches? I say fail on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say, "grungily elegant."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the jackets. Confused about the jeans. Are they made out of ripstop material made to look like jeans? Or are they really jeans? But def like the plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both jacket and pants are made out of Gore-Tex, official fabric of the 2010 US Snowboard Team's Olympic outerwear. I agree with Bryan. I would have prefered a sleeker look. But then again, maybe I've just been watching too much Project Runway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugly. But typical snowbaordwear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a snowboarder I have to agree. Fail.
    This is the olympics.
    You are representing your country.
    There should be some level of pride.
    In most every other sport everyone is cloaked in the red white and blue...
    I remember seeing a ski/snowboard movie where no matter how big anyone went even if you landed back to back switch backside double cork 1080s the idea was to act like you did nothing, no celebration, no nothing.
    If that happens during the olympics ill be sad, very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you say it's not something you'd ever wear on the slopes - is that because it doesn't come with a skirt?

    ReplyDelete